Thursday, March 28, 2013

Drawings from Hattiesburg

I spent last week in Hattiesburg, Mississippi with my friend Nathan Galster. I had the opportunity to finally grasp why Hattiesburg means so much to him, and meet a lot of the friends he's made there. He very generously sat down with me for two hours, answering my questions for the next installment of his story. It's going to be really lovely, I can't wait!

Here's a map Nathan drew for me of Downtown Hattiesburg, where he spends a lot of time.

(Map by Nathan Galster)


I did a few small sketchbook pages while I visited Nathan and his friends around town.

Mason, Katherine, glassware.

Azaleas in the kitchen, bearded menfolk at T-Bones.


Nathan in the kitchen, and part of his camera.


Students and writers at T-Bones.

Luke Winslow King Trio.


Nathan, Mason, and Russell at The Thirsty Hippo.
Free jazz.

Nathan took a picture of me enjoying BBQ at Rose's BBQ:

(Photo courtesy Nathan Galster.)



No comments: